Rivers of Living Water


Have you ever wondered why, even though you have the Spirit of the Living God on the inside of you, you still feel like there is no life on the inside?  Like you are missing the “more” abundant life that John speaks about in John 10:10?  

Yesterday the Lord showed me one of the keys to finding the “more”.  It is in John 4 from V14: 

14 But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life.” 

And in John 7 from V38:

38 He who believes in Me [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Me], as the Scripture has said, ‘From his innermost being will flow continually rivers of living water.’” 39 But He was speaking of the [Holy] Spirit, whom those who believed in Him [as Savior] were to receive afterward. The Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified (raised to honor).

So if we have the Holy Spirit in us, then it is like rivers of living water.  Merriam-Webster defines rivers as “an overwhelming flow or rush of something..”  

I realized that this could be part of what I am missing, the “more” I am hungering for.  I believe the Lord showed me a key - I would imagine one of many - that will start to unlock the gushing rivers.  The key is simple.  It is intentionally worshiping the Lord through singing and praying in my heavenly language - doing it like David did with great abandon, from the heart. 

Those who know my family, knows that they are musically gifted.  My dad played different musical instruments.  He was self-taught, motivated and committed and often played in the worship team at Church.  My mom and sister both have musical talent.  Me, not so much!  I would much rather be outdoors playing with the dog than playing an instrument or even singing.  But, truth be told - and I heard someone else quote this once - everyone can sing, even though not everyone should record!  

So, as I read those passages in John, the question came up “If I have the rivers of living water on the inside, why do I not feel the bubbling up?”  Probably because the fountain for the spring of living water on the inside has been clogged.  It can get clogged if we allow other things, such as the cares of the world, to become our focus to the point where we forget to be grateful and full of joy. 

How do you clean a clogged fountain?  You flush it with water.  So I started doing this.  Not where anyone can hear me though.  I started just to praise the Lord and to sing to Him.  It made me smile as I thought that it might make Abba Father chuckle just to hear me, but I persisted and then I prayed in my Heavenly language out loud with great freedom.  Nothing happened immediately even though I felt a lifting of my spirit.  I woke up the next morning feeling joy bubbling on the inside and I could feel the Lord’s happiness and His approval of me.  Priceless. 

I will make this part of my daily routine as I look forward to finding the next key to “more”.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Your Mind..

Homeschooling Gracie