Where is the Powerhouse?

I find the process of writing these blogs quite interesting.  Since I started writing them, I would hear a phrase or be reminded of something someone said and then I would think “this is a great topic or title for a blog”.  I would start a document, add a title and proceed to jot down some ideas, then park it in the "Drafts" folder.  Do you know that the majority of those blogs don’t get written or published?  Seems they are not on the Lord’s agenda and just a desire from my own soul.  

And then there is this one.  It is like the Lord is nudging me in this direction and I don't want to go there.  I don’t want people to get upset with me, yet here I am typing away.

Have you ever heard people complain and say they feel weak and tired?  To which someone else would respond and say “you need to listen to your body”.  Do you know that a comment like that is not in the Bible?  If we go a bit deeper, have you ever wondered who the “you’ is that needs to listen to your body?  That you is your spirit man.  If you are a born-again believer, then your spirit man is renewed in the image of God and is an eternal being.  Your spirit man is also the house of the Holy Spirit who lives in you.  Inside that “you” is the powerhouse of the universe.  Yet we allow that “you” to be dominated and ordered around by our tired flesh.  Something doesn’t seem quite right here.


If you are saying to yourself to listen to your body, then that could also mean to listen to your flesh.  Even though you are born again, your flesh could still be up to no good.  Your flesh can use your eyes and lust for something or someone?  Your flesh can see something and want it and take it.  So, no you should not be listening to your body.  Instead, if you want to be scriptural, "you" - yes that you - needs to speak to the body and it is the body that needs to listen. 


How did God create?  He spoke.  He didn't say what He saw though - “Oh no that looks really dark and without form..!”  No, even though He saw the darkness, He said “Light Be” and light was.  He didn’t say what He saw, He said what He wanted to see and in the saying came the creating.  We are made in His image.  So next time you are tired and feeling weak, why would you want to enforce and strengthen that by speaking it?  Rather take your queue from the Bible:


Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords, And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, “I am strong!”


I was reading these words the other day and the Lord said to “change symbols of weakness into symbols of strength”.  


Why would I say I am strong when I feel weak?  Isn’t that lying?  No, because the truth is that you have the greatest strength and power in the universe on the inside of you and saying words of strength releases strength to change your body and your situation.


This portion of scripture in Eph 1 is something I have been meditating on for a while now and the enormity of it just overwhelms me.  It is part of the prayer Paul prays for believers:


Ephesians 1:17-20

17 [I always pray] that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may grant you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation [that gives you a deep and personal and intimate insight] into the true knowledge of Him [for we know the Father through the Son]. 18 And [I pray] that the eyes of your heart [the very center and core of your being] may be enlightened [flooded with light by the Holy Spirit], so that you will know and cherish the hope [the divine guarantee, the confident expectation] to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints (God’s people), 19 and [so that you will begin to know] what the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His [active, spiritual] power is in us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength 20 which He produced in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, 


Verse 19 says that the power of God that is in us is immeasurable, unlimited and it surpasses greatness.  What does it mean when it says it surpasses greatness?  I don’t know but it seems to be greater than great, to the point where it raised Christ from the dead (V20).  That great power is already in me.  


We can have that great power in us, and it be dormant.  But the more we meditate on such scriptures and ponder them and speak them, the stronger our faith will become for what is already on the inside.  

If this power is all that was in me, then I already hit the jackpot, but that is not all there is.  Like they say “but wait, there is more…” Here are very briefly more truths to ponder:

Jesus said:  “I am the light of the world (John 8:12)”.  He is the light and because He lives in me, the light is in me.  That light is driving out any and all darkness.


Jesus said:  “I have come that you may have life in abundance (John 10:10)”.  That life is in me and should dispel any form of death lurking in my organs, cells or bodily systems.


Jesus said:  I am love (1 John 4:8).  The perfect love that is in Him, casts out fear (1 John 4:18).  The One who is love lives in me.  His love casts out all fear.


Back to speaking and being strong, there are many scriptures in the Bible that speak of strength and being strong.  As I find myself on the other side of 50, this verse is music to my ears and is quickly becoming my new favorite friend.  It is in Deut 33:25 - 

Your castles and strongholds shall have bars of iron and bronze, and as your day, so shall your strength, your rest and security, be.


Every morning when I remember, I thank the Lord that even though my years are increasing and I am one day older, I am another day stronger.  


I want to encourage you and end with the latter part of this scripture:


Ps 73:26 …God is the Rock and firm Strength of my heart and my Portion forever.   


May we all get a fresh revelation today of God’s light, life, love and strength that is already on the inside of us!






Photo credit: More of Janine's beautiful backyard.


If you want to receive email notifications for new blog posts, please head to the home page www.findingthemore.blogspot.com for a free subscription.


I have also created a new blog. It is called "Let God Be True". You can find it here www.forgodistrue.blogspot.com.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rivers of Living Water

Set Your Mind..

Homeschooling Gracie