Fly Them High

I once heard someone say that when a castle is occupied by the reigning king or queen of a country, then there is always a flag hoisted to show the presence of royalty.  

Growing up I had a little devotional book with encouraging verses and short stories.  One of these stories was also about royalty living in a castle.  I can’t remember the details, but it ended stating that a smile on your face is like a flag hoisted over a castle - it shows that the King is resident in your life.  What a beautiful picture of the Lord living on the inside of us and how it can change our countenance.


Speaking of countenance, I think the enemy’s face falls when we learn more about the nature of who our King is.  The devil wants to misrepresent who God is so we won’t have confidence to run to Him.  


I have been learning more about the names of God and how they reflect the nature of God.  His names also solidify the promises that He made to us.  If you find a name, you know the nature and then you will also see the promises it represents.  These promises are not out there somewhere, they are part of who He is and because of that, they belong to me.


2 Cor 1:20 NLT - For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.


Here are some of the names I’ve found:


The Sovereign God - Dan 2:47

The Ever-Present God - Gen 2:4

The Strong One - Is 54:5 

The Lord our Provider - Gen 22:14 

The Lord our Healer - Ex 15:26

The Lord our Banner - Ex 17:15-16

The Lord my Sanctification - Lev 22:32 

The Lord our Peace - Judges 6:24

The Lord our Righteousness - Jer 23:6

The Lord is Present - Eze 48:35

The Lord my Shepherd - Ps 23 


What is interesting about these names is that because the Lord is in us (Gal 2:20), all these characteristics of His nature and all these promises are also already in us.   This is something to meditate on until you get a shout in your heart.


I mentioned flags earlier and the fact that they can communicate messages.  One of the names of God is Jehovah Nissi - the Lord our Banner, or the Lord our Victory.  


Ex 17:15 - And Moses built an altar and called the name of it, The Lord is my Banner; 


The story goes that in earlier times when different nations came to war against each other, this was before CNN had live coverage or social media could help you get a profile on who the enemy was, each side would carry with them huge banners.  Not quite a flag on top of a castle, but it was used to communicate a message.  These banners would have written on them the conquests and the victories of each opposing side.  It would have the cities and the numbers of people or prominent warriors who were captured or killed.  These banners were used as a way to scare and intimidate the opposition so they would get fearful and retreat.  

When Jesus died on the cross, He secured my victory.  The cross is now the banner over me of His victory over sickness, lack, oppression and other lies of the enemy.  When the enemy sees the banner, he sees everything he has been defeated in. 

John 12:32 - And I, if and when I am lifted up from the earth [on the cross], will draw and attract all men [Gentiles as well as Jews] to Myself.


God is love.  His love for me was victorious on the cross that day.  That love is now His banner over me and one of His greatest victories:  


Song of Solomon 2:4 - He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love [for love waved as a protecting and comforting banner over my head when I was near him].


Everything I need for life and godliness is in that provision of His love for me.  It is an ever-present reminder to the enemy of his defeat.


Ps 60:4 - [But now] You have set up a banner for those who fear and worshipfully revere You [to which they may flee from the bow], a standard displayed because of the truth. 


On that great day when we all have to stand before Him one by one, I want to hear Him say: “Well done, you didn't wait till one day in Heaven.  You got to know me now.  You learned about my nature, you tasted all my promises and you saw that they were good…”


Ps 34:8 AMPC - O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him.






If you want to receive email notifications for new blog posts, please head to the home page www.findingthemore.blogspot.com for a free subscription.


You can also subscribe to my other blog:  Let God Be True (forgodistrue.blogspot.com)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rivers of Living Water

Set Your Mind..

Homeschooling Gracie